For purposes of the policy, references to “we,” “our,” and “us” mean Planet Trotter owns and operates the website https://planettrotter.in. Our site provides a wide range of information to our Site visitors. Like many websites, we also collect information from our visitors, including personally identifiable information, such as your full name, e-mail address, contact address, phone number, details of any group members you are enrolling with that you tell us about, and other information that you may provide to us, and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., aggregate statistics about what parts of our Site are most popular).
We also deal with customers by email, over the phone, face to face, via social media, and via your partners who may contact us on your behalf.
Before using this site or communicating with us – and particularly before providing personally identifiable information to us – you should read this entire policy. The use of this site or communicating with us constitutes your agreement to the terms of this policy. If the terms of this policy are not acceptable to you, do not provide any personally identifiable information to us. You can also contact us here.
Scope of policy
Please be aware that this policy applies to information that we process about you. It does not apply to information that you provide via any other websites.
If you make an inquiry with Planet Trotter, we will share your information with third parties who will fulfill your requirements. We try to ensure that your information remains secure and is processed in accordance with relevant data protection requirements, but those third parties may have different information practices, which will be governed by their privacy policies which we recommend you read.
How we collect your information via our site
Active information collection
This site collects information from its visitors in two ways: actively and passively. Active information collection refers to instances in which we gather information from you when you fill it in and send it to us, such as by completing a registration form, signing up for an electronic newsletter, entering a competition, or sending us a message via an e-mail reply mechanism provided by this site. Active information collection can include both personally identifiable information (e.g., your full name or information that is unique to you) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., if we were to ask for a list of the top three things you like about our site). Passive information collection refers to instances in which we collect information from you that you have not actively provided (please see the next section of this policy for a summary of our passive information collection practices).
- Registration Information
If you are interested in receiving electronic updates, alerts, and other information from us regarding this site and our products and services, you must provide us with an e-mail address. In completing your registration, we may also ask for optional information, such as how you found us, to help us better serve you in the future.
- Feedback Information
We welcome your comments and feedback regarding this Site and our products, services, and programs. This Site provides an e-mail address that permits you to send us your own e-mail address, comments, and any other information you choose to include. E-mail is not secure. As a result, you should carefully consider what information you wish to send to us via e-mail.
Passive information collection
We may use special technologies to passively collect information while you are visiting https://planettrotter.in (that is, you do not actively provide this information). These technologies allow us to collect certain kinds of non-personally identifiable information, including your Internet domain name, the type of web browser you use, the operating the system you use, the date and time of your visit to https://planettrotter.in, the specific pages you visit, and the address of the web site you visited prior to entering https://planettrotter.in. We may link this passively collected non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information you have actively provided elsewhere on this site.
Below we have summarized the primary means of passive information collection at our Site:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
This site uses Internet protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are unique identifiers automatically assigned to each computer when logging onto the Internet. IP addresses allow us to collect much of the same information we collect through cookies, including browser type, what pages you visit, and how long you stay on the site. In general, IP addresses allow us to identify problems with our servers, prepare aggregate demographic information and other information regarding this use of this site, and improve the functions of this site.
How we collect information through other channels
We collect information from you when you call us when you send emails or other messages to us when we meet with you in person when you communicate with us via social media, and if you have asked another partner to make an inquiry on your behalf.
Information about other people.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, such as people you are enquiring or making a booking on behalf of, or people you are traveling with, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our service providers, to use it.
Sensitive personal data
Unless we make it clear otherwise, our policy is not to ask for any sensitive personal data from you (that is information about you or anyone you are enquiring on behalf of) about, for example, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, or sexual life. We, our service providers, and third parties which are providing a quote or fulfilling your requirements/arrangements may, however, require certain sensitive personal data to provide services that you have requested or to deal with your inquiries.
If you choose to provide this sensitive personal data to us as part of a particular service (where such the information has been requested and the reasons for that discussed with you) or for any other reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us, our outsourced service providers, and third parties which are providing a quote or fulfilling your requirements/arrangements to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide that information to us.
What do we do with your information?
The personally identifiable information we process about you, and anyone that you are enquiring on behalf of, will only be used and disclosed in accordance with this policy or as specifically disclosed to you at the time you provide the information. The personally identifiable information that we process may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests, it will be accessed by our staff, service providers which act on our behalf, and carefully selected third parties in the course of providing quotes that you request for our products and services, and fulfilling your requirements (e.g. for quotes, customer travel documents, airlines, accommodation providers, and destination management companies for operational purposes).
- It will be used to send you our emails and offers. We will send you these if you have opted in to receive them, or if you have previously asked us for a quote or made a query with us. You can unsubscribe if you don’t want to receive any communication from us.
- It may also be used to personalize and tailor your experience by using your previous requests for quotes, previous purchases, communications with Planet Trotter staff and providers who have fulfilled part of your Planet Trotter products, your browsing activity, and other publicly available information (such as demographic data provided by an external provider), to make recommendations and special offers to you about products and services we think may be of interest to you based on your profile. If you do not want us to profile and process your information in this way, please contact our team here.
- We and/or our authorized service providers (such as our marketing agencies, and data analytics providers) may also use your personally identifiable information to review your dealings with us including your purchasing and preferences; to review, develop and improve our products and services, to improve our customers’ experience, and for internal market research, strategic development, and statistical analysis.
- We reserve the right to sell, lease, transfer, or otherwise share without restriction aggregated, anonymized, and other non-personally identifiable information regarding site usage, sales patterns, traffic patterns, demographics, and other statistics about our site and our products and services.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose personal information which we process about you and other people which you provide information about, as necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, and law enforcement inquiries, as required by litigation, to take precautions against liability, and protect the security and integrity of the site and the safety of our customers and site users.
Subscribers to our newsletters and emails
Should you subscribe to the Planet Trotter newsletter and offers, either directly through the Planet Trotter website or by filling in the Planet Trotter inquiry form, you will receive our newsletter as well as promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications via email, you may opt out by clicking on the clearly marked ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any Planet Trotter newsletter or marketing email. Should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications via mail, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (please write “unsubscribe” in the subject line and provide each email address you would like us to remove).
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personally identifiable information that you send us is accurate, current, and complete. Toward that end, we provide you with reasonable access to your personal information to correct errors or delete the information you have provided. If you wish to correct or delete your personally identifiable information, please contact our team by e-mail here. To respond to your request or inquiry, we may require follow-up or contact information to allow us to verify that you are the person authorized to view the information you are requesting. We may, at our discretion, refuse to allow you access to certain information if, in our view, to provide such access would jeopardize another person’s privacy; would violate any applicable federal, state, or foreign law, regulation, or directive; or would unreasonably burden this site.
This site is not intended for use by children
This site is not directed to and does not seek to collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 13. Nevertheless, if we are informed that we have collected information from someone in this age category, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion, for example, to take account of new data protection legislation, and to reflect our current business practices. If we do change the Policy, the new policy will be posted here, along with its revision date. We encourage you to check this Policy periodically and – at a minimum – before each instance in which you provide personally identifiable information to us.
Use of and with Google
- We use Re-marketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show you ads on sites across the Internet.
- We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to this website.
- We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- We will use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to optimize how we show you ads across the internet.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving google analytics cookies: see currently available opt-outs for the web.
- Using Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.